How to Become a Certified AWS solution architect
What is the solution architect?
Before learning about the solution architect, we should be familiar with the term solution architecture. Solution architecture is basically a process of designing, describing and managing the solution development in relation to a specific business problem. So, we can say solution architecture is basically dealing with the overall process of designing and building a solution to any business problem.
And, Solution architect is a person who can lead the overall practice and try to find the best possible technical solution for that particular business problem. A solution architect is also a communication bridge between IT and business operations to ensure everyone is aligned in developing and implementing the technical solution for business problems.
Roles and responsibilities of solution architect
- Understand the business problem and lead brainstorming sessions to find the solution for that problem.
- Designing and describing the solution to the project stakeholder and, satisfies the requirement of all the project stakeholders.
- Once the solution is approved by the project Stakeholder, the next setup is to identify the other factors for the solution like technology that we gonna use to build the solution, risks analysis, time constraints, costing, resources that require to build the solution etc.
- Supervise the development process and identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Build and migrate the solution and services across the organization.
- Work with product and delivery team to develop more scalable solutions and products.
What is AWS solution architect and the importance of this certificate?
AWS solution architect is a person who can follow all the solutions architecture processes in order to solve and business problem and design a cost-effective, fault-tolerant and scalable distributed system on AWS (Amazon Web Services). AWS certification for Solutions Architect allows you to learn, validate, recognize, and demonstrate your experience in architecture. It will give you the skills to implement strong and secure applications on the AWS platform.
Here is the complete guide to cracking the exam and getting certified by AWS.
Step 1: Pattern for the Exam
- Information for the exam is as follows:
- Time for the exam: 130 minutes
- Number of questions: 65
- Registration fee: $150
- Exam format: MCQs
Step 2: Topics for exam preparation
Domain 1: Design Resilient Architectures (30% weightage)
Domain 2: Design High-Performing Architectures (28% weightage)
Domain 3: Design Secure Applications and Architectures (24% weightage)
Domain 4: Design Cost-Optimized Architectures (18% weightage)
Visit the link and download the help book to see the detailed breakup of the domain: aws.amazon.com/certification/certified-solutions-architect-associate/
Step 3: Online courses for preparation
There are a number of online training providers that provide exam-oriented video courses. These courses focus primarily on the exam plan, covering all exam objectives.
Step 4: Book for the preparation
The top 3 books you need to read for the exam:
- Ultimate AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate 2022 “Written by Stephane Maarek”
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate 2022 “Written by Backspace Academy”
- Another AWS Certified Solutions associate -2022 [SAA-C02] Written by Neal Davis”
Step 5: Take online mock tests
Mock tests are trial exams. Mock tests give a feel of the D-day. Mock Test helps you to revise the entire syllabus in the simulated setting of the exam.