Quantitative Aptitude Question And Answer With Explanation (Practice set 7)

By HH Team | Views: 505

Q 1:

A father said to his son, " I was as old as you are at present at the time of your birth. " If the father age is 38 now, the son age 5 years back was :

A) 14                                                   B) 19
C) 33                                                   D) 38

Q 2:
Fresh fruit contains 68% water and dry fruit contains 20% water. How much dry fruit can be obtained from 100 kg of fresh fruits?

A) 20                                                   B) 30
C) 40                                                   D) 50

Q 3: 
The compound interest on rs.30000 at 7% per annum is Rs.4347. The period is

A) 2 years                                            B) 2.5 years
C) 3 years                                            D) 4 years

Q 4:
A, B, and C enter into a partnership and their shares are in the ratio 1/2 : 1/3 : 1/4. After 2 months, A withdraws half of his capital and after 10 months, a profit of Rs. 378 is divided among them. What is B's share?

A) 144                                                 B) 169
C) 225                                                D) 339

Q 5:
At what time between 4 and 5 o'clock will the hands of a watchpoint in opposite directions?

A) 54 past 4                                         B) (53 + 7/11) past 4
C) (54 + 8/11) past 4                           D) (54 + 6/11) past 4

Q 6:
A student has to obtain 33% of the total marks to pass. He got 125 marks and failed by 40 marks. The maximum marks are :

A) 500                                                B) 600
C) 800                                                D) 1000

Q 7:
A man spends 35% of his income on food, 25% on children's education, and 80% of the remaining on house rent. What percent of his income he is left with?

A) 6 %                                               B) 8 %
C) 10 %                                             D) 12 %

Q 8:
If the price of a book is first decreased by 25% and then increased by 20%, then the net change in the price will be  : 

A) 10% decrease                                B) 10% increase
C) 30% increase                                 D) 30% decrease

Q 9: 
A can do a piece of work in 10 days, B in 15 days. They work together for 5 days, the rest of the work is finished by C in two more days. If they get Rs. 3000 as wages for the whole work, what are the daily wages of A, B, and C respectively (in Rs):

A) 200, 250, 300                        B) 300, 200, 250
C) 200, 300, 400                        D) None of these

 

Q 10:

A batsman makes a score of 87 runs in the 17th inning and thus increases his average by 3. Find his average after the 17th inning?

A) 37                                              B) 38

C) 27                                              D) 39

 

ANSWERS WITH EXPLANATION

Answer 1: A) 14
Explanation:
Let the son's present age be x years .Then, (38 - x) = x => x= 19. 
Son's age 5 years back = (19 - 5) = 14 years

Answer 2: C) 40
Explanation:
Given that, fresh fruit has 68% water. so the remaining 32% is fruit content. weight of fresh fruits is 100kg
Dry fruit has 20% water. so the remaining 80% is fruit content. let weight if dry fruit is y kg.
Fruit % in freshfruit = Fruit% in dryfruit 
Therefore, (32/100) x 100 = (80/100 ) x y 
we get, y = 40 k

Answer 3: A) 2 years
Explanation:
Amount = Rs.(30000+4347) = Rs.34347
let the time be n years
Then,30000(1+7/100)^n = 34347
(107/100)^n = 34347/30000 = 11449/10000 = (107/100)^2
n = 2years

Answer 4: A) 144
Explanation:
Ratio of initial investments = 1/2 : 1/3 : 1/4 = 6 : 4 : 3.
Let their initial investments be 6x, 2x, and 3x respectively.
A : B : C = (6x * 2 + 3x * 10) : (4x * 12) : (3x * 12) = 42 : 48 : 36 = 7 : 8 : 6.
B's share =  Rs. (378 * 8/21) = Rs. 144.

Answer 5: D) (54 + 6/11) past 4
Explanation:
At 4 o'clock, the hands of the watch are 20 mins. spaces apart.
To be in opposite directions, they must be 30 min. spaces apart.
The minute hand will have to gain 50 min. spaces.
55 min. spaces are gained in 60 min 
50 min. spaces are gained in 60/55×50 min. or (54 + 6/11) 
Required time = (54 + 6/11) min. past 4.

Answer 6: A) 500
Explanation:
Given that the student got 125 marks and still he failed by 40 marks
The minimum pass mark = 125 + 40 = 165
Given that minimum pass mark = 33% of the total mark

total mark =33/100 =165

total mark = 16500/33 = 500

Answer 7: B) 8%
Explanation:

Let the total income be x. 

Then, income left = (100 - 80)% of [100 -  (35 + 25)] % of x = 20% of 40% of x = [(20/100) * (40/100) * 100] % of x = 8 % of x.

Answer 8: A) 10
Explanation:

Let the original price be Rs. 100.
New final price  = 120 %  of (75 % of Rs. 100) = Rs. [(120/100) * (75/100) * 100] = Rs. 90.
Decrease = 10%     

Answer 9: B) 300, 200, 250
Explanation:

A's 5 days work = 50%  

B's 5 days work = 33.33% 

C's 2 days work = 16.66%     [100- (50+33.33)] 

Ratio of contribution of work of A, B and C = 50 : 3313 : 1623" role="presentation" style="box-sizing:border-box;display:inline;line-height:normal;word-spacing:normal;overflow-wrap:normal;white-space:nowrap;float:none;direction:ltr;max-width:none;max-height:none;min-width:0px;min-height:0px;border:0px;padding:0px;margin:0px;position:relative;">50 : 3313 : 1623 = 3 : 2 : 1   

A's total share = Rs. 1500 

B's total share = Rs. 1000 

C's total share = Rs. 500  

 

A's one day's earning = Rs.300  

B's one day's earning = Rs.200  

C's one day's earning = Rs.250                                                 


Answer 10: D) 39
Explanation:

Let the average after the 7th inning = x

Then average after 16th inning = x - 3

16(x-3)+87 = 17x 

x = 87 - 48 = 39             

Thank you for your feedback!